LSE is one of the world’s leading social science universities. We have committed to a strategy that will build on our strengths, address challenges and maintain our worldwide reputation for excellence.
We have already achieved many of the goals set out in our 2014 review, including:
- Strengthening our faculty, which has resulted in remarkable success in the Research Excellence Framework and major improvements in most research-based and reputational rankings.
- Investing in our LSE Careers service for LSE alumni.
- Opening a new PhD Academy to nurture the next generation of leaders.
- Launching four new institutes, including The Marshall Institute for Philanthropy and Social Entrepreneurship and The International Inequalities Institute.
- Starting a major redevelopment of our campus, featuring a state-of-the-art 13 storey building overlooking a new public square.
- We have not been standing still. But rapid changes are taking place in higher education, and we need to change accordingly.